Visual Designer II
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a passionate and creative individual looking to contribute his/her skills to the User Experience Design Team. The Visual Designer II will be responsible for designing and maintaining high quality digital experiences using Design Thinking and Lean UX process. This individual must be able to work independently.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on our events page.
- Work as a part of a team of UX Designers and UX Architects.
- Design and deliver high quality mockups, low and high-fidelity prototypes and final production visuals for various platforms (web, mobile, application).
- Demonstrate conceptual thinking, pixel perfect design and flawless delivery while meeting brand requirements.
- Collaborate with UX Architect to establish a design strategy for every design challenge.
- Concept several ideas with the ability to objectively filter and evolve the best ideas and drive the project through execution.
- Manage multiple problem solving tasks with little supervision.
- Apply design thinking principles through deep team collaboration in an agile environment.
- Lead ideation sessions/design studios, design walkthroughs with development and other stakeholders.
- Lead UX in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, design, user research and usability testing.
- Present objectives, design approach, and creative solutions to stakeholders in an articulate and persuasive manner.
- Collaborate with developers in a SCRUM environment on a day-to-day basis.
- Constantly develop yourself as well as your teammates, and contribute to the movement of a design led company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS or a related field. Equivalent practical experience will be considered. High school diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years’ of progressing experience in the field of UX.
- Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, prototyping and crafting the visual interface.
- Mastery of UX design and prototyping toolset (Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Axure, Invision, Balsamiq, etc.) Bonus for experience in motion design or front-end coding.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based UX and responsible design, with a deep and broad knowledge of usability principles and techniques. Experience with an agile development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.