Software Quality Assurance Manager
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a passionate and analytical individual looking to contribute his/her skills and leadership to the QA Team. The Manager, Quality Assurance will be responsible for hiring, nurturing and growing a team of quality assurance engineers to ensure the software quality of both internal and consumer-facing applications for American Specialty Health, Inc.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Manage a team of embedded QA engineers who test software for their cross functional development teams.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices. Guide and mentor the organization on quality principles such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Develop, establish, and execute quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Lead the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Manage the development, distribution, and coordination of in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Develop an understanding of the various applications and general business knowledge.
- Analyze alternatives and provide cost/benefit comparison where needed.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant work experience.
- Direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- Direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including web-based and client/server applications.
- Direct hands-on experience with ALM software and automated testing tools.
- Scrum certified.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, and Microsoft SQL is a plus or equivalent technologies.
- Experience with hiring, training and mentoring quality assurance engineers (both manual and automation).
- Minimum of 3 years software testing experience, including analysis, writing test cases, developing automation and working with relational databases.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver or working with Web Services and APIs in C# or equivalent object-oriented coding language
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with Microsoft SQL or equivalent relational database management system.
- Experience managing teams who develop and operate an enterprise-level platform.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of an off-the-shelf ALM like Microsoft Test Foundation Server (TFS) along with test case management tools like Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and release management tools like Microsoft Release Manager (RM) or their software development lifecycle application equivalent.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies and practices using Microsoft Release Management or equivalent.
- Excellent project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.