Sr. Software Engineer I CRM
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer I for our Information Technology Applications department. The primary purpose of this position is to formulate and define the CRM system scope and objectives, and to analyze, design, develop and maintain Solutions and components for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Must be able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on our events page.
- Design, development and support of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform and for providing guidance to junior engineers on best practices as it relates to Microsoft Dynamics CRM development.
- Design, develop, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Dynamics CRM components and customizations.
- Expands knowledge of Company operations, particularly as related to assigned projects.
- Perform routine assignments under Manager’s supervision, including configuration, data analysis, creating and maintaining reports, and programming components for Microsoft Dynamics CRM and its related systems.
- Contribute to documenting customizations and enhancements made to the CRM system.
- Develop an understanding of assigned applications and internal customer areas, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
- Demonstrate understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
- Develop unit tests to ensure the quality of the solutions developed.
- Accountable for providing accurate time estimates of assigned tasks and projects in a Scrum/Agile environment.
- Recommend possible improvements to the CRM system including the application, its environment, its integrated and related systems, its out-of-the-box components, and any custom components, enhancements or applications created for the system.
- Mentor other programmers and provide leadership in best practices and coding standards.
- Properly refactor legacy components as needed.
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users.
- Participate in the training or development of others, as directed.
- Monitor and ensure automated processes run as expected.
- Responsible for remediation and support of production application use by internal users.
- Attends Operational and other weekly meetings to discuss platform changes, enhancements, and issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer or technical related field or equivalent experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in software development with a focus on either the .NET or Microsoft Dynamics CRM technology stacks
- Experience configuring and customizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM (2016, 365).
- Experience developing on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform, including plug-ins, reports, and client-side customizations.
- Experience working with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solutions.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise-level applications.
- Experience with relational databases and writing queries with MySQL or Microsoft SQL.
- Experience with SSRS and SQL Reports.
- Experience with .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5, C#, ASP.NET.
- Experience with AJAX, REST/ SOAP, JSON and XML.
- Experience with designing and architecting complex enterprise-level solutions.
- Experience mentoring other software engineers.
- Understanding of software development methodologies (Scrum/Agile).
- Ability to work independently from time-to-time and complete tasks in a fast-paced development cycle.
- Logical and analytical problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies and application lifecycle management.
- Ability to design and architect enterprise-level CRM Solutions (unmanaged and managed) as part of an enterprise-scale solution.
- Familiarity with software design patterns.
- Familiarity with TDD (test-driven development).
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Within facility, normal office conditions, including lighting and ventilation. Minor noise from conversations and general office equipment (telephone, printer, etc.). When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic, and related conditions are applicable.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.