DevOps Engineer I
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a DevOps Engineer I to join our Information Technology Operations team. This position will provide support to development teams through system administration, and managing web/network related projects as assigned by manager.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Development Operations.
- Participates in the development SDLC processes to create, support, and refine web applications.
- Actively involved in building out new environments for in-house built applications.
- Supports application environments including Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, load balancing and other 3rd party applications that interface with in-house built applications.
- Supports and configures TFS/VSTS, Build Servers and Release Management servers.
- Supports web site/application deployments via VS Release Management and TFS/VSTS.
- Supports build and branching strategies in coordination with the development teams.
- Maintains scripts created to support automation of build and release tasks.
- Supports Big-IP F5 LTM and related applications as part of application environments and deployments.
- Maintains automation/scripting via Powershell, DSC, and SCCM.
- Works with software, infrastructure, network engineers and DBAs to solve productivity challenges, drive efficiency and automate environment builds and application releases.
- Supports monitoring solutions to ensure application performance and availability goals are met.
- Implements and maintains cloud based infrastructure, security access policies, and automated provisioning.
- Works with Enterprise Security and development teams to support vulnerability and software security testing processes and tools.
- Coordinates firewall, S2S VPN, and router modifications with Network team as part of creation and support of application environments.
- Participate in on-call support rotation and takes ownership of escalated problem resolution.
- System Administration and Support.
- Attends scrum team, departmental and staff meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork.
- Continuous Education.
- Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and reads industry journals to stay current on technology and security.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Microsoft MCSE 2012 or 2016 certification with a focus in cloud infrastructure is a strong plus.
- 3+ years in a fast-paced, customer-facing, mission-critical environment is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Understanding of Azure cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Azure virtual networks, Azure Active Directory; including provisioning, troubleshooting, and monitoring highly preferred.
- Strong, knowledge of the Windows Server operating system and Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere strongly preferred).
- Familiarity with installation, configuration, upgrade, and provisioning tasks using PowerShell or other common scripting languages (Python, Perl, VBscript, Bash).
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools, and architectures.
- Familiarity with software development processes within an agile/scrum framework.
- Ability to research and evaluate new and existing tools and technologies, and effectively communicate engineering decisions to stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills, and team player.
- Familiarity with networking components, protocols, and security (subnets, firewalls, routing, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL, etc.).
- Familiarity with supporting build and release processes and tools (Visual Studio Team Services/Team Foundation Server strongly preferred).
- Familiarity with load balancing technologies; F5 BigIP LTM strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management technologies (DSC, Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Familiarity with application monitoring, alerting, and automated remediation.
- Familiarity with MS SQL Server and writing and executing SQL queries.
- Familiarity with automated software testing tools and practices.
- Familiarity with resiliency and disaster-recovery practices and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.