Manager, Revenue & Receivables
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Revenue and Receivables Manager to oversee our Finance department. This position will oversee a team responsible for revenue recognition, reconciliation of revenue and payment, and accounts receivable.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Compiles and analyzes revenue and accounts receivable information for monthly close.
- Responsible for properly loading revenue from operational systems/database into the financial system for monthly revenue recognition.
- Responsible for accurate and timely customer billing, if required by the contract.
- Responsible for verifying reconciliation of revenue and payment by performing data analysis, including rates and eligible membership, and communicating underpayment and overpayment issues with Client Services, Program Solutions, EDI and CAP teams for research and solution.
- Queries and/or analyzes system data against financial records on a routine basis to ensure data integrity.
- Recognizes unique and problem situations within areas of assigned responsibility. Researches and formulates solutions and presents to management.
- Reviews and approves journal entries prepared by the Accounts Receivable Specialist/Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist related to revenue and receivables and posts entries into the financial system.
- Prepares and maintains quarterly revenue reserve analysis.
- Responsible for closing Revenue and Accounts Receivable on a timely basis.
- Reviews and distributes monthly Accounts Receivable and Deferred Revenue report.
- Reads contracts and determines accounting method and entity to load the contract into.
- Participates in contract implementation meetings.
- Monitors collection efforts and coordinates with Client Services and Program Solutions to communicate slow payment issues on a timely basis.
- Supports the Senior Manager, Revenue & Receivables, to act together as primary liaison with the EDI and CAP data processing teams.
- Assists in monthly and quarterly Accounts Receivable Escalation meetings to discuss major financial issues with CTS, Sales and Contract. Keep track of major issues and keep management team informed of status update.
- Applies principles of accounting and maintains the financial records in a manner consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Adheres to corporate policy with respect to HIPAA and PHI.
- Supports the Senior Manager of Revenue & Receivables to analyze efficiency of current processes, make recommendations and streamline/automate processes, implement, document and test processes and procedures for internal control purposes.
- Responsible for meeting departmental performance standards.
- Supports CFO, Controller, and Senior Manager of Revenue & Receivables, in preparing for annual financial audits, regulatory audits and ad hoc health plan audits.
- Supports the Financial Planning Analytics and Reporting team in preparing for annual budget and forecast regarding revenues.
- Supervises and is responsible for Accounts Receivable Specialist and Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist.
- Manage the Revenue and Receivable function for maximum efficiencies.
- Coordinates workflow and assignments of subordinate staff.
- Evaluates performance, provides constructive feedback, conducts counseling and training sessions, and supports staff members in the accomplishment of assigned objectives and goals.
- Documents all coaching and counseling sessions with subordinate staff.
- Manage staff PTO to make sure coverage of work.
- Participates in the hiring and termination processes.
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisals.
- Evaluates staffing and resource needs and makes recommendations to Manager.
- Ensures that the team represents ASH in an ethical, professional, and positive manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Healthcare preferred, a Bachelor’s Degrees in another field will also be considered.
- Minimum five years of progressive industry or revenue accounting experience, with minimum three years of recent supervisory experience.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office application, including Access, Excel, and Word.
- Experience in managed health care preferred.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.