Sr. Manager, Marketing Communications
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Marketing Communications Senior Manager to join our Marketing department. This position will lead the content team and work with the creative design, digital marketing, sales, and other internal teams to develop and execute corporate and client marketing communications materials. This position also represents the department on interdepartmental teams, client calls, and provides direction to Marketing and internal customers on marketing-related regulatory compliance policies and issues and other management support as needed by the Director and Vice President.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Leads marketing communications staff.
- Manages team of content managers, content specialist(s), and program manager(s).
- Sets goals and objectives for staff that ladder up to company goals.
- Assists staff in resolving issues.
- Evaluates staffing needs.
- Coaches, counsels, and trains staff; ensures staff engagement.
- Monitors staff project loads and assists staff in prioritizing workloads.
- Prepares and delivers performance evaluations.
- Oversees marketing communications projects.
- Leads content strategy for brands and key deliverables.
- Oversees editorial direction and collaborates with director and creative design director to ensure that messaging is consistent, and marketing materials are produced on time.
- Represents marketing team on client calls and meetings.
- Provides editorial support for corporate websites, videos, webinars, and other requests.
- Works with Regulatory Compliance to ensure materials are current and adhere to company standards, regulations, and are properly routed.
- Supports finalist meetings with compelling sample campaign content as requested.
- Provides Marketing direction and resources to internal departments.
- Represents marketing team on Key Process Team/interdepartmental meetings.
- Contributes and gathers evidence for accreditation and quality audits as they relate to Marketing deliverables.
- Assists with answers to RFP questions from Proposal team.
- Works with Contracts team to adjust agreement wording and update as needed.
- Oversees content review for client-created materials.
- Manages Marketing aspects of monthly trademark filing reports.
- Advises internal clients of content compliance in corporate and client materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in, marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, business, or similar required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in marketing communications, including project management and supervision/leadership.
- Minimum 3-5 years of managing direct reports.
- Experience in leading, developing and implementing B2B and B2C marketing communications campaigns.
- PC proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint plus graphic design software (for editing text).
- Tracking and reporting experience.
- Familiarity with health care industry a plus.
- Must have the ability to think strategically, manage multiple projects and generate creative, cost-effective solutions on time in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate internally and externally at all levels, including C-suite.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time. Travel as needed to support clients, conferences, tradeshows, and educational seminars, typically <10%.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility and external as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs, if needed.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.