American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and engaging administrative support professional to join our collaborative team. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, detail oriented, and experienced with multi-tasking. In this interactive role, a successful candidate will provide administrative support to the Sr. Vice President, Vice President, and other department Managers.
- Assists Sr. Vice President, Vice President, and Department Managers by preparing calendar, scheduling meetings, and providing administrative support. Maintains daily, weekly and monthly calendar.
- Handles incoming calls and returns calls on behalf of Sr. Vice President, Vice President, and Department Managers.
- Calls clients, vendors, and business contacts to schedule and reschedule meetings.
- Schedules appointments and meetings for Management with clients, vendors, and business contacts.
- Makes travel arrangements for Sr. Vice President, Vice President, and Department Managers/staff; Assists other departments with travel arrangements as needed and maintains all travel records, tickets/vouchers and refunds; and follows travel policy and assists in educating travelers on travel policy and changes.
- Coordinates arrangements for breakfast meetings, lunch meetings, staff meetings, conference calls and other meetings.
- Assists with preparation and monitoring of department budget.
- Participates with members of management to discuss operational and organizational matters and provides support as needed.
- Prepares confidential documents and makes copies, faxes and files as required.
- Prepares and/or oversees preparation of various presentations for health plans and clients and reports monthly progress to Sr. Vice President.
- Monitors and follows up with department staff to ensure workstations have appropriate equipment and supplies, ensures department equipment is functioning properly, and inventories and orders supplies as needed.
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. High school diploma required.
- Minimum one year experience providing administrative support to an executive; and experience managing calendars and schedules and coordinating travel.
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook; and experience with word processing, database management, and creating forms, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Strong editing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.