Senior Design Manager
Engage Creative Agency (a department of American Specialty Health, Inc.), is looking for a rock star Sr. Design Manager to join our dynamic creative family! Working in the capacity of an Art Director, you will collaborate and lead in the development, execution and presentation of several digital, traditional, and experiential integrated marketing and brand awareness campaigns, including video production, social, web and exhibit design for a branded house + diverse house of brands. You will support our efforts to evolve from a traditional into a predominantly digital agency. You will create bold brand experiences that elevate customer experiences with your team of designers alongside copywriters and Marketing partners. You will collaborate, inspire, and lead your team throughout the creative process. You will also foster professional career development for your staff. You eat, sleep, and breathe design as a creative leader,and possess strong intuition. You have a passion for, and the ability to create stunning, elegant, forward-thinking design that influences consumer behavior. You ensure the creative strategy provided by your Creative Director is executed to meet marketing objectives that support business growth. You will represent Engage Creative Agency at all stages of engagement for projects in the healthcare, fitness, and lifestyle categories. And, most importantly, you like to have fun while creating cool stuff!
Join us and be a part of elevating Engage Creative Agency to a new level.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Creative Strategy, Design Development, and Design Staff Management.
- Design beautiful and engaging advertising creative in support of Sales and Marketing initiatives across digital, video, print, social media, experiential, and more.
- Bring integrated multichannel Marketing campaigns and brands to life, with the ability to present in a compelling manner to clients and project stakeholders for a branded house and diverse house of brands.
- Create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
- Create brand style guides support of our brands and cross-platform experiences.
- Understand and respond to performance data and steer the direction of future designs.
- Create clean, dynamic designs with highly organized files.
- Brand development and integration.
- Collaborate across internal and external channels.
- Contribute to defining the creative vision, direction and objectives.
- Art direct photographers on photo shoots.
- Coordinate with and manage a network of external partners; from photographers, event planners, a/v teams, print vendors to film directors.
- Provide annual performance reviews to staff.
- Oversee and approve timecards daily.
- Coach/mentor staff and provide technical support.
- Assess staffing resources and coordinate distribution of projects with Traffic team.
- Ensure all staff members are fulfilling required training hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent professional experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in a creative agency environment for leading brands.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an Art Director supervising direct reports in digital creative.
- Experience managing budgets, teams, timelines, deliverables.
- Excellent visual design sensibilities and principle knowledge.
- An online portfolio demonstrating powerful ideas and strong visual design skills and advertising experience across digital and traditional platforms, along with work that reflects the design process.
- Strong leadership and management capabilities.
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals and ability to implement them to create dynamic advertising solutions.
- Ability to supervise and art direct highly technical design team, handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency with standard and dynamic design software packages
(Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator- Sketch a plus).
- Understanding of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, video production and editing.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS (Front-end development is a plus).
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail.
- Experience with mobile responsive UX/UI design.
- Ability to adapt and design for various industries.
- Interest in healthcare, wellness and fitness industry sectors.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a creative team, providing art direction for compelling, innovative, high-quality design solutions that align with Marketing strategy.
- Adept understanding of the entire creative process, including collaboration with Creative Director and copywriters to develop solutions that meet business objectives.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to gracefully defend design decisions to clients, including executive management.
- Fluency in moving from interpreting strategy to developing concepts, including building brand guidelines to implement across a range of different applications for digital, print, web, social, video, experiential.
- Collaborate with Creative Director to improve processes to increase efficiency and quality of work
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Sales Support, PR, Events, and all other cross functional teams to realize brand vision across all communication mediums.
- Big idea conceptualizing, going beyond the execution or tactical tasks, and ideation that work across all media platforms for campaigns, with the ability to bring them to life.
- Manage and mentor design team while challenging and introducing new and innovative approaches to creative execution.
- Grow team knowledge of best practices and trends in design and marketing.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong consultative, creative presentation and problem-solving skills, providing supporting rationale behind design solutions.
- Collaborate with the team to drive several large-scale digital and traditional projects to completion including branding, multi-channel campaigns, experiential, full scale conference event creative development and tradeshow booth experience, video production.
- Establish direction, craft guidelines, build presentation materials.
- Ability to think spatially, understanding how a brand is consistently expressed and maintained in digital and physical environments over time.
- Strong understanding of and extensive experience with brand development.
- Exhibit composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with team members, peers, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.