Associate Manager, Customer Service Fitness
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced Associate Manager to join our Customer Service Fitness department. This position will direct all activities in the Fitness Call Center, meet all performance standards and established goals of the organization
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Develops, manages, evaluates and is responsible for all activities within assigned scope of authority. Ensures accuracy and productivity achieves/exceeds company standards.
- Evaluates daily telephone reports and call flows. Reports results to Senior Management and identifies and resolves barriers to achieve results including adjustments to staff schedules to accommodate the volume of incoming calls.
- Ensures the Customer Service Agents are providing courteous and accurate information to their callers by ensuring the proper training is completed, on-going educational meetings are conducted and one-on-one time is scheduled with their supervisor. Assists in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the call centers and assisting with difficult/complex issues
- Assists the manger with implementing and monitoring operations policies and procedures and quality oversight to ensure compliance with regulatory accreditation, health plan delegation, and ASH standards
- Assists with hiring, training and retaining high performance and injury free team members including determining staffing needs for temporary, part-time and full-time personnel and making recommendations to the Manager.
- Conveys clear and concise messages appropriate to intended audience; represents ASH in a professional manner through effective oral and written communication
- Demonstrates good judgment through appropriate delegation while maintaining proper oversight and follow up; prepares leadership staff for situational delegation by directing, educating and evaluating supervisory staff.
- Uses effective project management skills and tools to facilitate projects, remove barriers, monitor milestones, and accomplish deliverables according to plan.
- Assists with completing performance reviews timely.
- Works with clients as necessary to provide support and service.
- Handles phone inquiries from practitioners or members within 24 hours.
- Completes all research necessary to prepare written responses to inquiries from practitioners and health plans within established deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive experience in a call center of which at least 3 years have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Familiarity with specialty health care (HMO, PPO, POS and related plans).
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; with the ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.