Performance Development Coordinator
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Performance Development Coordinator to join our team. This position will to provide classroom training, develop staff, identify training needs, and assist the call center Leadership to meet the training and development needs within the Fitness Call Center.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Provide training to new and existing Customer Service Agents in all topics relating to contact handling.
- Ensure classrooms/equipment are booked and properly prepared prior to the start of training.
- Ensure new hire Agent system accesses are complete and working prior to the start of training.
- Ensure trainees comply with classroom policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure each trainee is adequately prepared to meet established key job accountabilities relating to the material trained.
- Quantify agent proficiency and accountabilities and provide feedback to Supervisor for coaching.
- Complete training evaluation for each Agent and provide to Agent Supervisor upon completion of New Hire training.
- Advise Supervisor, Training and Quality of changes/updates needed to training material according to documented processes, procedures and new/updated information.
- Perform as classroom proctor when training is facilitated from a different site.
- Assist in Agent development and improvement.
- Assist Supervisors in coaching, mentoring and otherwise supporting struggling Agents to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Evaluate Customer Service Agents regarding contact handling skills and work habits to assess strengths and areas needing improvement.
- Reinforce concepts, processes, and other information presented in classroom training.
- Identify specific training and/or documentation needs stemming from interactions and quality review and provide them to the Supervisor, Training and Quality.
- Meet regularly with Supervisors regarding Agent performance.
- Assist QR team during absences or when requested.
- Take calls when requested.
- Attend and participate in staff and other meetings.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum of one year of progressive experience performing customer service duties.
- Minimum of 1 year as an ASH Fitness Customer Service Associate preferred.
- Must meet or exceed all Fitness Customer Service Agent job accountabilities in past 3 months.
- Must have demonstrated a thorough understanding of ASH policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of all software programs utilized by Customer Service Agents.
- Prior training experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate leadership characteristics.
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and data entry required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present information to small groups.
- Demonstrates peer leadership characteristics.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.