Facilities Tech II
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Facilities Technician to assist in a wide variety of facilities and equipment maintenance, repair and related projects including maintaining and troubleshooting.
- Performs facilities maintenance.
- Installation of electrical wiring, telephone lines, and coax cables.
- Perform in-house workstation furniture moves and configuring furniture for various functions.
- Responsible for all general maintenance items, including but not limited to: general lighting repair including electrical diagnosis, ballast replacement, wiring, bulb replacement and fixtures.
- Maintains all door hardware, appliances, fire extinguishers – inspection and certifications, installation of employee name plates, replacing ceiling tiles.
- Perform routine inspections of the buildings Life and Safety systems including the fire alarm and fire sprinkler system.
- Perform general construction work including drywall, laminate repair/replacement, and wall repair/replacement, painting and concrete.
- Perform leak diagnosis and plumbing repair/replacement of faucets, valves, traps, fixtures and toilets.
- Maintains equipment inventory.
- Will be carrying an on-call pager/cell phone to respond to after hour’s emergency calls from the facility.
- On call 24 hours a day.
- Create and maintain accurate service logs for a variety of building equipment including water source heat pumps, cooling tower, standby generator, security system, and company owned vehicles.
- Coordinate building maintenance and repairs with outside vendors as required.
- Perform facility maintenance and repairs at remote offices.
- Work with and oversee contractors and vendors while working on the property.
- Identify areas for improvement and make recommendations.
- Supports emergency response team.
- Will be a member of the facility emergency response team.
- Assisting with facility evacuation and fire drills.
- Attends team, departmental, and staff meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience performing commercial/high rise building maintenance work.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs.
- Valid California Driver’s license with good driving record.
- Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to use power tools and other maintenance equipment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously while managing a heavy workload.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.