Systems Support Tech II
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced Systems Support Technician in order to provide technical support to ASH staff and to provide the most efficient and effective resolution.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Receives and responds to end user requests regarding hardware and software in a professional and courteous manner.
- Acts as front line contact within organization for technical questions regarding PC hardware and software.
- Serves as escalation point for Systems Support Technician I staff
- Performs phone and/or direct contact support to resolve end user issues.
- Maintains consistent software configurations on all PCs.
- Installs and maintains end-user equipment making every reasonable effort to ensure customer satisfaction, comfort, and safety.
- Makes minor repairs to computer equipment. With management approval, disposes of inoperable equipment in a secure manner.
- Maintains hardware and software inventory.
- Assists with network maintenance, upgrades, and services.
- Contacts outside service technicians when appropriate.
- Performs research on new technologies, vendors, and services as required.
- Supports laptop users and remote connectivity.
- Supports remote office equipment and staff.
- Provides technical support for ASH company meetings, conferences and seminars.
- Prepares and submits written progress reports, spreadsheets, timelines and other written documentation as directed by supervisor.
- Attends team, departmental, and staff meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork.
- Associates degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience. High school diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical support role.
- MCP certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Expert knowledge of PC hardware installation and configuration.
- Expert knowledge in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting, MS Windows desktops in a networked environment, including thin clients in a VDI environment.
- Experience supporting network Windows applications, including, Internet Explorer and MS Office applications.
- Experience configuring peripherals such as printers, CD burners, scanners, etc.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting VPN and wireless connectivity.
- Ability to diagnose issues remotely.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak clearly, see, and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Physically capable to stand, sit, kneel, crouch, and climb. Capable of using hand tools and manipulation of small parts. Frequently lifting equipment up to 40 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.