Associate Software Engineer in Test
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an Associate Software Engineer in Test to join our growing organization. We are looking for creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one of our growing Consumer Technology teams and help us continue to improve our products and processes so that our members and customers can reach their goals. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on our events page.
- Contribute to enterprise level testing of web applications
- Writing test plans, test cases, test procedures
- Design, develop and maintaining test automation tools
- Develop White-box testing of applications
- Create and maintain automation test data
- Assists in code review
- The depth and breadth of the projects will depend on the engineer experience and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer or technical related field or equivalent experience. High school diploma required.
- Minimum 1 year software test automation experience, including object oriented development, working with relational databases, and writing SQL queries or stored procedures or successful completion of Software Test Automation internship
- Experience with software quality assurance procedures and processes
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver or working with Web Services and APIs
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, SQL is a plus but not required
- Completing tasks in a fast paced development cycle
- Familiarity with software development life cycles such as Agile or SCRUM
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.