Accounts Receivable Specialist
American Specialty Health, Inc. is an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Finance Department. This position will record revenue, process cash receipts and perform reconciliations.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Monitors receivables and unapplied cash balances, prepares customers account reconciliations and analyzes, and researches discrepancies and open items.
- Identifies discrepancies between Projected Revenues input vs. Capitation payment backup.
- Works with Account Manager, Group Account, EDI and CAP Units to reconcile and research health plan discrepancies between revenue and cash receipts.
- Monitors, researches, and reconciles any variances for health plans. Reconciliations must be maintained monthly with true-ups performed and recorded on a quarterly basis.
- Prepares General Ledger journal entries and/or Accounts Receivable entries required to adjust postings as a result of reconciliation efforts.
- Reviews all unposted cash receipts registers and ensures that cash receipts match daily deposit totals.
- Prepares aging schedules and identifies past due and slow paying accounts and follows-up with clients or Account Managers.
- Assists in bank reconciliations by comparing bank balances to daily book balance in X3 and reporting any discrepancies to management.
- Supports Senior Manager - A/R and Director in annual audit preparation.
- Applies principles of accounting and maintains the financial records in a manner consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Adheres to corporate policy with respect to HIPAA and PHI.
- Responsible for meeting departmental goals and performance standards.
- Provides support back-up for revenue input and cash receipts processing.
- Inputs invoices for health plan based on data received from Health Services Departments or CAP Unit.
- Posts all cash receipts for health plans.
- Maintains annual cash receipts files for all health plans and archives files on an annual basis.
- Reviews and reconciles X3 A/R module to the General Ledger and provides analysis for the close of A/R module on a monthly basis.
- Associates Degree in accounting or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum two years of industry or accounting experience.
- Proficient in MS Office with knowledge of Word, Excel and other Windows based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.