American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our Finance department. This position will process and/or audit all payroll related disbursements and reporting while ensuring the integrity of data processed, complying with company polices and government regulations on a timely and accurate basis.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Execution of all payroll processing and payroll reporting. Coordinate workflow to ensure that all bi-weekly payroll timelines are met.
- Confirm payroll transactions processed within compliance of all federal, state, and local laws, as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Manage payroll email inbox, ensuring timely response to questions, concerns and data entry requests.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of automated payroll systems, including time and attendance systems.
- Apply for registration in states where ASH may hire new employees.
- Assist in ensuring that the systems and processes correctly compute and record time, earnings, employee benefit, special deductions, mandated benefits, taxes, garnishments and other items that affect net pay and/or company liability.
- Review data entry by co-workers to ensure accuracy.
- Audit bi-weekly time & attendance hours for accuracy and balancing prior to payroll transmission, verifying hours worked, overtime rules, alternate work schedules, PTO, holidays, etc.
- Process accurate deduction and remittance of garnishments, child support, IRS levies and court orders.
- Compile payroll reports including bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting requirements for Finance or other management requested reporting, researching and resolving exception items as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic analyses of earnings, taxes, deductions, accruals, forecast and hours worked for management.
- Assist in preparing and reconciling year-end reporting.
- Work closely with the HR and Regulatory & Compliance departments to assist Payroll Manager in developing integrated policies and procedures, providing timely and accurate periodic reports.
- Assist in developing documentation in compliance with SOx 404 system of internal controls.
- Perform “assistant role” in all payroll automated systems conversions and implementations.
- Reconcile/resolve payroll issues, concerns or questions internally and externally on a timely basis.
- Maintain professional means of communication with all employees.
- Accommodate Human Resources with their annual 401k audit.
- Assist in the creation and reconciliation of W-2’s, Wage & Tax Registers and other year end activities.
- Assist in annual Worker’s Comp audits from regulatory authorities and insurers.
- Provide training for new staff members while making sure deadlines are met for payroll and reporting.
- Pay monthly/quarterly commissions according to compensation plans.
- Reconcile and post all payroll related journal entries along with necessary accruals.
- Ensure that PTO accruals and balances are kept up do date and accurate.
- Manage 401k contributions and reporting on a timely basis.
- Manage historical document retention and organization of documentation records filing.
- Keep Payroll Manager abreast of all payroll related issues.
- Work with UltiPro/eTime/Ceridian representatives on issues that present themselves within our systems.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or 3-4 years of commensurate experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with computerized, multi-state payroll systems as well as multi-company processing.
- Experience handling a complex payroll on a national scale for over 1,000 employees.
- Advanced experience in HRIS and Time & Attendance software. UltiPro® and ADP eTime® a plus.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment requirements related to wage & hour, payroll tax, and multi-state payrolls including multi-state FSLA pay rules.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel®, Word® and Outlook®.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as wages, wage garnishments, interest, commissions, average rate of pay, percentages, deductions, final paychecks, PTO accruals & balances, etc.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, and technical skills.
- Ability to train others on payroll systems, processes and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.