Purchasing Manager, Consumer Discount Products
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Purchasing Manager, Consumer Discount Products to join our Strategic Partnership Sales Department. The primary purpose of this position is sales which is to create product awareness to drive conversion to meet new membership sales objectives.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies.
- Identifies and develops relationships with assigned clients to achieve sales goals
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Secures business relationships with consumer product retailers including successful negotiations of discounts and other financial arrangements to populate the ChooseHealthy “Mall or Marketplace” for consumer purchasing opportunities.
- Works with the AVP of Strategic Partnership to increase consumer engagement and utilization of ASH Consumer Products and Services with health plan and employer group clients.
- Achieves Annual New Partner Membership Goals.
- Develops and implement comprehensive sales and marketing strategies to meet sales objectives.
- Own and grow strategic, complex, and challenging vendors for the company.
- Negotiate costs, selections, marketing opportunities and any other business inputs to drive vendor growth and profitability.
- Drive the business to ensure that financial plans are achieved through strong partnerships with internal partners as well as strong vendor negotiations that best supports business objectives.
- Contribute to creation, iteration and maintenance of reporting/proposal template for cross-functional review sales performance
- Identify opportunities to help vendors increase business.
- Partners with marketing to curate event calendar ensuring special promotions are shared
- Develop long term plans that differentiate us from our competitors and respond to competitive offering valued by our customers
- Competitive oversight of similar websites and platforms
- Balances internal and external expectations with the objective to support efficient, cost-effective, and preferred practices. Solutions should strive to benefit the client and Company.
- Ensures timely and accurate key departmental and interdepartmental documentation of client interactions, activities, and issues, including checklists, and other assigned documentation.
- Identifies, understands and resolves client issues, keeping leadership abreast of issue status and escalating high level issues to ensure appropriate response and resolution. This includes establishing timelines for deliverables, when appropriate, and maintaining positive relationships while resolving issues.
- Demonstrate willingness to critique your own performance and actively solicit feedback from others.
- Attends and participates in national industry conferences if requested by manager.
- Maintains confidentiality of all ASH proprietary information.
- Submits the weekly report outlining activities, challenges and progress reports to AVP, along with other adhoc reports as requested.
- Attends all functions related to entertaining product vendors such as dinner or other activities as directed and approved by AVP.
- Meets administrative deadlines and accuracy related to selling and working with Product Vendors.
- Actively engages and participates in sales meetings and training sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum three to five years retail buyer, purchasing manager experience.
- Ecommerce experience (3 years minimum).
- Working experience of vendor management software and NopCommerce.
- Experience managing product vendor relationships and/or selling to executives, c-suite.
- Inside sales experience with proven sales track record. Must have successful track record in developing relationships over the phone in order to drive growth.
- Experience in developing a sales and marketing strategy and executing campaigns across a wide array of channels (SEM, email, display, retargeting, etc.), driving engagement, lead generation and conversion while developing analytical insights to inform optimization.
- Experience in analyzing and reporting web analytics a plus to determine new sales success.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Valid Driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Must have acceptable credit to qualify for a company American Express Card.
- Self-starter with personal initiative and the ability to both give and receive direction.
- Strong knowledge of retail math and full understanding of merchandise planning.
- Proven negotiation skills and a knack for networking.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently requiring limited supervision and exercise proper judgment.
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills, including demonstrated general problem-solving skills and an intense curiosity to identify emerging business trends and ensuing needs.
- Brand oversight (this is important that they help ensure the brands on our website are represented the way the vendor needs based on their brand guidelines)
- Sales mindset with demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales quotas.
- Business mindset with the ability to grasp complex concepts and develop clear, concise, synthesized recommendations.
- Consensus building skills and the ability to summarize important points quickly and effectively.
- Ability to successfully negotiate with external vendors, preferably in the health, wellness and fitness spaces to secure financially favorable product and service discounts for consumers and the company.
- A person with a value system based on honesty, integrity and respect with a reputation for living up to their commitments.
- Strong public speaking, verbal and written communication skills (email, client presentations and internal documentation/reporting).
- Proficient in MS Office, with intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skilled in methods for calculating and understanding business risks.
- Ability to manage complex sales cycle.
- Ability to sell conceptually and to effectively triage clients into Customer Tier Mix.
- A poised professional who makes a highly positive first impression and who continues to enhance this impression through demonstrated professional capabilities and persuasive sales results.
- Ability to travel approximately 20%.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. Ability to travel within the facility. Ability to drive and travel by air.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.