Customer Service Supervisor
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a supervisor for our Customer Service department. The primary function of this position is to supervise staff and provide expertise and customer service support on a wide variety of inquiries to your team and customers. Ensuring that issues are handled properly and in accordance with ASH Policy and Procedures. Monitoring department goals according to ASH Performance Standards.
- Supervises staff and monitors performance.
- Supervises staff in daily operations.
- Provides coaching, counseling and training of staff.
- Prepares annual performance evaluations to be delivered timely.
- Performs quality review on recorded calls according to call center procedures.
- Meet with each Representative on a monthly basis to review overall performance.
- Conduct team meeting at least monthly, to provide updates and team building activity.
- Educate Representatives on all policies and procedures.
- Interview and make recommendations for open positions in the call center.
- Maintain scheduling, timecards, and related reports.
- Ensure calls are answered in a timely manner by monitoring calls on ACD system.
- Monitor all queues according to ASH Performance Standard goals.
- Work closely with management to achieve team and department goals.
- Performs necessary research, resolving issues and responds to inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Researching and resolving the issues of escalated calls.
- Taking calls requiring assistance from a supervisor.
- Assist Representatives by silent monitoring call and taking over if needed.
- Research issues thoroughly by interfacing with Manager or other departments, etc.
- Assist in updating and implementing Policies and Procedures as needed.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Health Care Administration preferred.
- Minimum –2-4 years of progressive experience performing customer service required.
- Lead or supervisory experience in a call center environment preferred.
- Health Care or Health Insurance experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft (Word/Excel/Outlook) required.
- Experience with a Workforce Management tool preferred.