Sr. Manager, Consumer Direct Customer Service
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Senior Manager to oversee our Customer Service Fitness department. This position will manage all customer service activities related to ASH Fitness Consumer Direct Programs. Specific activities for this position would include maintaining performance standards and established goals, quality improvement oversight, staff development, client support, participation in program design/enhancement, and adherence to ASH and department policies and procedures. This position will work closely with Fitness Operations, Client Services, and Marketing to ensure the Fitness Call Center is providing remarkable service to customers and clients.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Develops, manages, evaluates and is responsible for all activities within assigned scope of authority. Ensures accuracy and productivity in the Fitness Call Center while achieving/exceeding the company’s internal and external standards.
- Ensure appropriate and effective training and development programs for the Consumer Direct Program(s).
- Monitor business volume forecasting and plan accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Proactively create and/or develop solutions for Customer Service and Operations Teams utilizing ASH technology infrastructure and applications.
- Maintain management reporting on service quality levels, turnaround times, and team performance: report results to Executive Management, identify and resolve barriers to achieve results.
- Evaluate staffing needs both temporary and full time making recommendations to the AVP, Customer Service Fitness.
- Primary escalation point to answer the more complex, detailed, or customer-sensitive situations, including payment fulfillment, refunds, and cancelations.
- Evaluate performance and counsel accordingly: including managers, supervisors and trainers.
- Follow and/or create Consumer Direct operational policies and procedures for the department.
- Continually identify training needs for Fitness Customer Service.
- Develop hiring and training tools to identify and develop soft sales skills in agents.
- Evaluate results and reports observations and recommendations for improvement to the AVP, Customer Service Fitness.
- Provide detailed analysis of customer interactions and opportunities to improve program satisfaction
- Ensures consistency between quality assurance processes and performance standards.
- Participates with other members of management to discuss operational and organizational matters and ensure efficient and effective teamwork is maintained within the organizations.
- Provides input to developing organization goals, strategies, budgets, and other long and short term planning matters.
- Serves on committees.
- Assists in the development of procedural and software systems that allow ASH to operate more effectively and efficiently.
- Works with clients as necessary to provide support and service.
- Ensures timely completion of all research necessary to prepare written responses to inquiries from Customers, Clients, and Fitness Centers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum five years of management experience in a customer service call center.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a call center offering consumer direct products preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; with the ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.