Content Manager, Marketing Communications
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking Content Manager to join our Marketing team. This position will manage marketing communications content for large clients, serving as the editorial point person and contact for all duties and tasks related to these clients’ communication needs. In addition, the content manager will craft B2C content for ASH programs to drive behavior change and ultimately help lead members to healthier lives. This position will help define and champion American Specialty Health’s brand voice for its various products and ensure that direct-to-consumer, client-facing, and B2B2C collateral is consistently, engaging, strategic, and unique.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Writes, edits, and proofs Marketing Communications materials, including client materials, sales campaigns, internal projects and website content.
- Contributes to creative strategy efforts, best practices, and campaign brainstorming as needed.
- Oversees, leads, and/or acts as point person for specific client program materials, as needed. (In some circumstances, specific client requests may take priority over other assignments.)
- Assists with management of other marketing communication needs, including (but not limited to) social media, blogging, media relations, client interaction, internal communications, website copy/SEO, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, public relations, communications, marketing, business, or equivalent. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing communications.
- Experience in managing marketing communications strategies and campaigns.
- Computer experience in MS Office and Internet search skills; Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus.
- Tracking and reporting experience.
- Familiarity with health care or wellness industry a plus.
- Creative ad agency experience a plus.
- Proven “business to consumer” (B2C) content development experience required.
- Effective communication, organizational, analytical, interactive, and independent decision-making skills required.
- Ability to work independently and proactively on multiple projects simultaneously in an extremely fast-paced environment, with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate internally with all levels within the organization and externally (with clients, vendors, staff, and consultants).
- Adept understanding of the entire creative process, including collaboration with graphic design teams to develop solutions that meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated skills collaborating with designers and copywriters to conceptualize, develop and implement messaging and branding efforts for multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns (print + digital).
- Understanding of and extensive experience with branding, particularly with messaging, tone, and voice.
- Ability to work occasional long and unpredictable hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time. Minimal travel as needed to support conferences, tradeshows, and educational seminars.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility and external as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs., if needed.
Usual office setting; occasional calls from home outside of normal business hours may be necessary.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.