Supervisor, Support Services
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Supervisor to work within our Support Services Department. The primary function of this position is to direct all production activities in the Support Services department, meeting all performance standards and established goals of the organization. The person in this role directly supervises day to day Processing Services operations and staff. Assures daily department tasks are accurately completed and work orders are scheduled and delivered to requestor timely. Assures department remains technologically current and on-site equipment is proactively serviced and operational. Makes recommendations for improvement. Directly supervises both full time and temporary labor for copy operations, shipping/receiving, fulfillment and assembly teams and all responsibilities associated with this, including writing performance evaluations.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Develops, manages, and evaluates all activities related to Processing Services reproduction within assigned scope of authority. Ensures accuracy and productivity achieves/exceeds company standards.
- Ensures the timely, accurate and cost effective completion of all photocopy and print jobs, including recommending and monitoring layout and content of company communications.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of mailing projects, including: claims checks, EOBs, affinity packets, enrollment kits, recruiting packets and other mailings.
- Ensures equipment is fully utilized, supplies are managed and properly forecasted, and predictable volume surges are timely managed.
- Oversees storage and retrieval of member and provider records and archived materials.
- Researches, analyzes and provides recommendations on equipment requirements.
- Researches, analyzes and provides recommendations on software solutions.
- Recommends reproduction standards that utilize available software to provide cost effective reproduction and assembly results.
- Creates, edits, and troubleshoot print drivers and printing issues.
- Creates, edits, and troubleshoot replication and print equipment and processes.
- Oversees service calls to assure equipment is available and operating at peak performance.
- Maintains rapport with processing and equipment vendors.
- Evaluates the daily workflow and schedules staff to accommodate the volume of work.
- Oversees and maintains weekly and monthly productivity records and reports performance to management.
- Determines staffing needs and makes recommendations when change is required. Assists with recruitment efforts for open positions.
- Evaluates performance, coaches and counsels staff.
- Assures operations are managed within scope of provided budget.
- Ensures the associates are providing courteous and accurate information, by providing training, and on-going educational meetings.
- Participates with other members of Support Services management to discuss, develop, and implement operational and organizational processes within the company.
- Establishes and analyzing new and existing processes and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Assures department processes are written and documentation remains current.
- Assures job tasks are documented, employees are trained, and adequate cross training is performed.
- Serves on committees, workgroups, and project teams as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience supervising at least 5 employees; supervisory experience must include direct supervision in a mailroom and copy center environment, or direct supervision of mailroom/shipping and receiving departments for mid-size company.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with copy operation production including scheduling and resource allocation planning. Must be familiar with standard copy house processes operating in a server-based environment.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience creating and maintaining in Excel and/or Access with ability to create standard metrics to monitor progress.
- Valid California Driver’s license with good driving record required. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Effective leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and effectively manage a team and drive accurate and timely delivery of work orders.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Able to sit or stand for long periods of time. Ability to operate machinery by lifting and crawling, move materials from location to location unassisted. Work in confined space and narrow walkways.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Office setting with multiple machines running simultaneously. Louder and warmer than normal office environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.