Talent Acquisition Manager
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced Talent Acquisition Manager to oversee our Talent Acquisition team. The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for planning, developing and implementing new and revised recruiting initiatives and performance management tools to meet company goals and competitive practices. Assure these programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and labor laws. Leads staffing team to ensure recruitment efforts are maximized and goals and objectives are met.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Oversees recruitment process for all open positions.
- Processes staffing requests and ensures staffing team is meeting goals and objectives for filling open positions. Reviews, confirms and creates job descriptions.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to understand required knowledge, skills and abilities for open positions. Provides direction and coaching to hiring managers.
- Oversees recruitment strategies identified by staffing team, including appropriate use of advertising, job fairs, or direct hire agencies.
- Develops and implements process improvements or enhancements to strengthen recruitment process and increase market presence.
- Leads Staffing Projects from development to execution.
- Oversees interview process including pre-screening and interviewing.
- Communicates on a regular basis with hiring managers regarding status of all open positions to further refine requirements for qualified candidates.
- Reviews employment applications and background check reports. Identifies areas that need further review and escalates as necessary.
- Collaborates with outside compensation vendor and Vice President, Human Resources to determine salary for job offers.
- Works with staffing team on successful negotiation skills.
- Evaluates productivity, quality and results for staffing team; recommends corrective actions and identifies process improvements.
- Oversees staffing portion of new hire orientation. Conducts orientation when needed.
- Participates in hiring, training and retaining high performance team members, develops skills and competencies of team members in support of current position and career goals. Provides ongoing mentoring and training. Leads staffing meetings.
- Prepare and deliver timely annual performance evaluations.
- Creates environment that fosters teamwork, motivation, morale and commitment of staffing team.
- Collaborate with outside compensation vendor and Vice President, Human Resources to maintain the compensation system.
- Monitors existing compensation system, policies, procedures and guidelines, working with outside compensation vendor and Vice President, Human Resources to determine effectiveness.
- Determines and documents duties, training, skills, knowledge and abilities required for position to fine tune the job description.
- Analyzes job descriptions to determine salary grade and job family.
- Oversees reporting process for open positions.
- Manages recruitment database and reviews entries for accuracy.
- Works with Project Manager, Staffing and outside consultant on the annual Affirmative Action Plan. Reviews final report, identifies strategies for good faith efforts and escalates findings to Vice President of Human Resources.
- Ensures that necessary processes are in place to meet Affirmative Action Plan compliance standards. Conducts audits of the system. Oversees documentation for Affirmative Action files.
- Provides general support to Vice President of Human Resources.
- Coordinates and oversees projects as assigned by Vice President of Human Resources.
- Prepares reports and spreadsheets for Vice President of Human Resources and/or hiring managers.
- Participates in departmental meetings and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- At least 5 years’ Human Resources experience to include recruiting and compensation; and management, with at least 3 years’ supervising a team of recruiters.
- Proficient in MS Office, with experience in scheduling appointments in Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of Human Resources law.
- Demonstrated ability to fully understand the recruitment process.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of the recruitment process to understand position requirements, to optimize company fit and candidate selection.
- Demonstrated ability to be persuasive and compelling in promoting the company, the position and negotiating job offers.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time, able to answer telephones.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility and to other office locations approximately once per quarter. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.