Manager, Business Intelligence
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an Business Intelligence Manager. This position will direct all activities of the Information Technology Department interacting with all levels of management and staff to organize/prioritize assign and complete projects and to develop and implement reporting enhancements, meeting all established goals of the organization. In addition, analyze reporting requirements on behalf of Operations. Managers in support of specific client, ad-hoc, and regulatory reporting.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Develops, manages, evaluates and is responsible for all activities within assigned scope of authority. Ensures accuracy and productivity achieves/exceeds company standards.
- Sets goals and objectives for the Information Technology Department (ITD) and staff. Ensures goals and objectives are met.
- Ensures the timely, accurate and cost-effective completion of all assigned tasks in accordance with established procedures and timelines.
- Appropriately escalates when deadlines are at risk for not being met.
- Maintains records of projects and provides reports and results, including TATs and costs, to management.
- Researches, analyzes and provides recommendations on new processes and procedures.
- Develops strategies to support implementation of new initiatives.
- Plans and directs workflow to subordinate staff.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the department, assisting associates with difficult/complex issues.
- Evaluates the daily workflow by reviewing project inventory and performance reports.
- Oversees performance standard reports.
- Determines staffing needs for temporary, part-time and full-time personnel by making recommendations to leadership.
- Interviews and recruits’ candidates for open positions.
- Manages, educates and evaluates supervisory staff.
- Reviews and approves expenses within scope of authority.
- Ensures the associates are providing courteous and accurate information to their customers by providing training, on-going educational meetings and one-on-one time with their supervisor and manager.
- Works with other IT managers to implement system changes based on business requirements and in line with target dates.
- Recognizes unique or problem situations within areas of assigned responsibility. Researches and formulates solutions in conjunction with leadership.
- Maintains working knowledge in all operational areas for use in the development of reporting enhancements and requirements.
- Oversees the development of internal and external reporting guidelines and specifications. Assists staff in interpreting state regulations and identifies parameters for data used in quality measurement, performance standards and regulatory reports.
- Documents assumptions, specifications, and formats for standardized operational reports.
- Oversees the preparation, analysis and documentation of reports and provides feedback to leadership.
- Assists staff in implementing standardized weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting of department results, goals, service levels, and resource management.
- Manages quality assurance review of data and staff reports.
- Participates with other members of management to discuss, develop, and implement operational and organizational processes within the company.
- Represents ITD department when establishing and analyzing new and existing processes.
- Provides recommendations and input in developing organizational goals, strategies, budgets, and other long- and short-term planning matters.
- Serves on committees, workgroups, and project teams as assigned.
- Supports inter-departmental communication and teamwork to accomplish corporate objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent management experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- 2 or more years of progressive experience in managed health care of which three have been in a supervisory capacity, preferably in management position.
- Self-directed individual with knowledge of quality assurance techniques desired.
- Experience with word processing, Excel, and Access required.
- Knowledge of ASH’s proprietary systems (IHIS, PROMIS, CHIP) also desirable.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and leadership skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.