Sr. Specialist, Social Media/PR
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Specialist, Social Media/PR to join our Marketing team. This position will help lead and manage the exciting world of social media on behalf of our company and in partnership with our internal and external clients. Working as part of our inhouse agency, Engage! Creative Group, the social media senior specialist will support the company’s brand-building, sales and recruiting goals through the development of effective social media strategies to complement the overall PR and marketing strategy. The senior specialist will maintain the existing ASH social media channels and develop and grow the organization’s social channels as needed, follow social media trends and recommend social strategies and campaigns. The role will also champion social media integration into our sales, marketing and PR campaigns and work with customers and fitness facilities to develop cross-promotional social media campaigns. The role also will help support PR needs such as media relations and company recognition programs, and will support the development of video communications programs.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Serves as a community manager for all ASHCompanies social brands to ensure quality content as well as reputation management. Develops, grows and maintains the ASH social media channels and communities.
- Works collaboratively with the leadership in the planning, development, and execution of social media strategies and content for all ASHCompanies brands. Works closely with the leadership to develop tactics that dovetail into coordinated PR and marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for customer engagement strategies and implementation across approximately 13 social media channels. Develops an editorial calendar of social media posts for each calendar year and posts challenges, tips, contests and other content for all social channels. Researches health and wellness, nutrition and other news/trend articles and images on a daily basis and posts timely comments and links, as appropriate, and in accordance with the business mission for each line of business.
- Works collaboratively with other key members of the Engage! Creative Group team and with team members outside of marketing to strategize on opportunities to embed social media into sales, recruiting, PR, branding, and other campaigns that enhance the company brand and engage target audiences.
- Proactively seeks out social media influencers within appropriate industries and strategizes with leadership on opportunities to connect, engage and partner with these influencers to achieve social mentions. Works with clients, fitness facilities and others to foster cross-promotional social media opportunities.
- Proactively monitors sites like Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Glass Door, as well as ASH Twitter and Facebook channels, and coordinates rapid responses to comments about ASHCompanies, its products and services on these sites, working with leadership, HR, customer service and others in alignment with existing processes and protocols.
- Collaborates with other team members to support company blogs.
- Helps to create, manage, and budget for paid social media advertising as part of marketing and recruiting campaigns, working across social platforms, including Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Works collaboratively with the PR, marketing and business teams to develop and implement creative, engaging and fun social campaigns, such as member testimonial campaigns and contests, to support growth of member and consumer engagement on our social channels.
- Keeps abreast of social media trends and recommends new ideas, channels, blogs and opportunities.
- Understands paid and sponsored social media and has demonstrated experience in managing paid social campaigns, including A/B testing of images, headlines and copy. Has demonstrated abilities to use SEO and analytics to prove ROI on social media or to recognize opportunities to grow and develop the ASH social media channels and to maximize our social content. Responsible for generating, executing, and analyzing social media campaign reports
- Has demonstrated results in working with C-suite executives mentoring on social media skills.
- Serves as a personal social brand coach to members of the ASH executive and sales teams as needed.
- Assists with public relations and internal communications.
- Works closely with the leadership to coordinate PR and social media strategies and day- to-day tactics, including distributing press releases, tracking media placements, and gathering of photo images.
- Has working knowledge of Tridion and can post media releases to the ASH websites in a timely manner, as appropriate.
- Helps to maintain the media placement log and monthly Marketing Report.
- Has excellent writing skills, proofreading skills and understands AP style for press releases.
- Assists internal and external customers with other PR and social media needs.
- Recruiting: Promotes recruiting events in advance via social media and attends recruiting events to gather social images and promote events via social media.
- Employee events: Supports the needs of HR/events team in providing social media for employee events.
- Supports the Silver&Fit program team to provide social media promotion articles, as requested by the newsletter editor.
- Juggles priorities to assist other team members, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, social media marketing, or marketing required.
- Five years minimum social media experience, with an emphasis on corporate social media strategy, paid social media, and day-to-day community management of multiple social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Linked In and blogs. Experience implementing and managing social media contests and special events a plus.
- Four years minimum public relations experience preferred, with understanding of and proficiency in newswire distribution, media tracking and media monitoring.
- Two years of experience using social media and media tracking platforms and dashboards, such as Hootsuite, Vocus, Cision, Google Alerts, I.Q. Media, Google Analytics, etc. Knowledge of HTML.
- Experience with video for social media and PR, including creating video news clips and podcasts a plus.
- Experience with photography, shooting and editing photos for social media and PR needs. In-depth understanding of image sizes and resolution required for various social platforms. Experience with free image acquisition and manipulation platforms such as Unsplash, Canva, Pexels, Stocksnap, etc. and understanding of licensing terms such public domain, royalty free and Creative Commons licensing.
- PC proficient with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; working knowledge of design applications such as InDesign, Visio, Photoshop, video editing and HTML. Experience with Slack and Skype a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate internally with all levels within the organization (executives to line staff) and externally (with vendors, staff, and consultants).
- Ability to present strategies, proposals or creative ideas to upper management teams in a powerful, confident and persuasive way.
- Demonstrated ability to create and write a wide range of social media content, as well as PR content, such as press releases.
- Ability to think strategically as well as tactically.
- Ability to adhere to established work schedules and workflow while practicing efficient time management and work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines, even if it requires occasional long and unpredictable hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn and comprehend possibilities for evolving, new social media programs
- Ability to travel as needed to meet project goals.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.