- What is American Specialty Health's hiring process?
Applicants should apply for positions of interest that meet their skill set and minimum qualifications. Human Resources (HR) and/or the department manager will review applications and select candidate(s) to move forward for a phone interview. If you are selected for a phone interview, an HR representative will email you to schedule a time to speak. Following your phone interview, HR will review your information and determine if an onsite interview should be scheduled.
- Do I need a user name and password to submit an application?
Yes. Before you begin your online application, our system will prompt you to create a User ID (your email address) and a unique password (minimum 6 characters).
- Do I need a valid e-mail address to apply?
You do not need a valid email address to apply. If you do not have one, you can make up an email address to continue with your application. However, we recommend that you create a valid email address so you can receive email notifications from us regarding the status of your application (you will not receive these notifications without a valid email address). There are many free and easy-to-navigate email providers to choose from, such as Apple, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, and Google.
- What if I need assistance applying or do not have computer access?
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online Career Center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at 800.848.3555, ext. 6702. If you do not have computer access, we recommend visiting your local library .
- How do I retrieve my forgotten or lost password?
On the candidate profile login page , click the link next to " Can’t remember your password? " to go to the reset password page. From here, you can have your password sent to you by entering the email address you used during your initial profile setup, or choose to enter your email address and answer the secret question you created at that time.
- How do I apply for more than one job?
When you apply online for the first time, you will create a candidate profile that contains all of the basic information you would provide on a paper application. If you want to apply for any one job in particular, select that position from our job board and click the "Apply Now" button within the job posting. You will be prompted to and enter your email address and create a password and security question. After you review your application details, you will be prompted to answer additional questions that are required for that specific job. Once completed, your application for this job will be registered.
Now that your candidate profile is set up, you can log in and complete the application process for as many positions as you would like to apply for.
- How do I check the status of my application?
You can check on the status of your application for a specific job at any time during the hiring process. Simply log in to your candidate profile or follow these directions:
- Go to ASHCompanies.com > Career Opportunities > Job Postings.
- Click on any open position listed.
- On the job posting, click the “Apply Now” button.
- Click the “View Applications” tab.
- Log in using the same email address and password you entered when you first began the application process.
If you have forgotten your password, use the password reminder link to retrieve your password. Please do not create a new account.
Once logged in, you can view/edit the information you’ve already entered and continue the application process.
- What does it mean when my status says "Incomplete"?
This means you have not fully completed the online application, and we will not be able to consider you for the position for which you have applied. To correct this, please log in to your candidate profile and make sure you complete all of the forms and pages within your application. Be sure to save your changes before exiting the system.
- What do I do if I get disconnected in the middle of my application?
You can resume your online application at any time. Log in to your candidate profile , and then continue the application process. Be sure to save your changes before exiting the system.
- Can I update my profile and application?
Yes, you can Log in to your candidate profile to make changes at any time. Be sure to save your changes before exiting the system.
- How much work history should I provide?
Please include a minimum of 7 years of work experience. Providing a complete application will allow Human Resources and the department manager to better assess your qualifications for the position.
- How accurate does my application need to be?
Applications should be complete and truthful. Omissions or falsifications could prevent you from being considered for a position.
- What if I don't know my exact dates of employment?
We expect accurate information. If you do not have your exact dates of employment, contact your previous employer(s) to verify. If you are unable to contact your previous employer(s), refer to your tax records or contact the Social Security Administration for records.
- Can I partially complete the application and finish it later?
Yes, your application can be completed at a later date. Information in your application is saved as you move from screen to screen, and you may exit the system at any time. Please note that your application status will indicate Incomplete until you have fully completed the process.
- What if I attach the incorrect document to my profile?
You are not able to delete previously uploaded attachments. However, if you would like to upload new documents to your application, log in to your candidate profile with the same email address and password you used when you first began the application process. Once logged in, go to the “Edit Profile” tab, then click the paper clip icon and browser your computer for documents to upload.
- What happens to the application after I apply?
Human Resources reviews applications to determine minimum qualifications have been met and work experience fits the requirements for the position. If there is a match between the position and your experience, an HR representative will contact you to further discuss your history.
- I did not receive an email confirmation when I submitted my application. How will I know that you received my application?
If you did not receive a confirmation email, log in to your candidate profile and verify your email address for accuracy. Please also check any spam or redirected folders in your email inbox.
- I was not selected for an interview. Can I apply for other positions?
Yes. You are welcome to apply for any position you are interested in, if your experience meets the minimum qualifications.
- What if I no longer see a position posted?
If a position is no longer posted, this indicates we are no longer accepting applications for the opening or the opening has been filled.
- I have applied for many positions and have not received a call for an interview. Can someone give me advice?
We appreciate your continued interested in American Specialty Health. When applying for a position, please ensure you have included at least 7 years of work experience and that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. This information will assist in expediting the review process.
- Will I be contacted if I am not being considered for the position of which I applied?
Yes. Once we have reviewed applications and completed the interview process, we will inform candidates who are not being considered for the position.
- I interviewed for a position, when should I hear something back?
Selected candidates will be contacted on an individual basis once we have reviewed applications and completed the interview process. To follow the status of your application, log in to your candidate profile and click the "View Applications" tab.
- When will my references be checked?
Candidates will be notified and asked to complete an authorization form prior to any background screenings and reference checks.
- How can I speak to someone regarding my application?
If your experience matches the qualifications of the position you applied for, you will be contacted by a member of the recruitment team for a prescreening interview.
- How will I know if American Specialty Health has received my application?
An email will be sent to your email address on file to confirm receipt of your application.
- If accept another offer while in the interview process with American Specialty Health, how can I notify you?
Once you have been contacted by a member of the recruitment team, you can keep us informed by sending us a note to the email address located in their email signature.
- What testing should I expect during the recruitment process at American Specialty Health?
We use assessments to measure specific skills such as typing, spelling/grammar, data entry, proofreading, software proficiency, and position-specific tests. Our technical positions also assess logic and domain knowledge.
- How long will the onsite interview be?
Most interviews are completed within one to 2 hours. For certain positions, interviews may take up to 4 hours to complete. Human Resources will let you know how long you can anticipate to be onsite.
- What should I bring with me to the onsite interview?
Please bring your positive attitude and a copy of your resume.
- What should I wear to the onsite interview?
Dressing professionally during an interview makes a great first impression! Once hired, our employee dress code is business casual.
- How long do you take to make a decision after an interview?
Once we have finished interviewing all of the selected candidates and reviewed any required assessments, we aim to make a final decision within 2 – 3 business days
- I work for an employment agency, temporary staffing firm, or consulting business. How can I present applicants to you?
If you are interested in providing information about your agency, firm, or business, you can connect with us at HRmail@ashn.com . Please refrain from contacting our hiring managers directly.
- I need a work permit to work in the United States. Will you sponsor me?
For certain positions only, we offer assistance to eligible workers seeking a TN or H-1B visa. Each case is reviewed individually.
- Where can I view the equal employment opportunity poster?
You can view the poster by going to the company letter.